Recipe of the Week: Tomato, Spinach & Goat Cheese Quiche
This quiche is one of my favourites! It can easily be an empty-the-fridge recipe as you can swap with any veg or cheese of your choice! I’ve made it with mushrooms and leek, roasted red peppers and broccoli, sun-dried tomatoes and kale… you name it.
One thing is for sure, the crust is everything! Who doesn’t love a delicious crust?!
You may wish you use all-purpose flour alone and that’s okay too. I switch it up every now and then (there are no rules, remember?). I’ve tried it with chickpea flour, white flour, buckwheat. This seems to be my favourite but I always encourage you to experiment.
Here is how I make mine.
- 1/2 cup buckwheat flour
- 1/2 cup white flour
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1/4 cup melted butter or olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 6-8 tbsp cold water
- Preheat oven to 180 C.
- In a medium-sized bowl, mix flour, chia seeds, salt and sugar
- Add the melted butter or oil and mix with a fork until the mixture looks like breadcrumbs
- Add cold water and mix until a smooth and consistent dough
- Press flat and place into a 9” pie pan
- Bake for 5-10 minutes to pre-cook the base and then set aside
- 6 eggs
- splash of milk (of your choice)
- 2 handfuls of baby spinach
- 10-15 cherry tomatoes
- 50g goat cheese (also great with feta!)
- 1 teaspoon fine herbs
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt & pepper
- Chop baby spinach and place at the bottom of the pie, directly on the crust
- cut cherry tomatoes in halves and place on top
- crumble goat cheese and spread evenly
- whisk together 6 eggs, milk and herbs and spices into consistent mixture and evenly pour over the pie preparation
- Bake for 25 minutes or until you fork and it is cooked through
Let us know what you think! Share your creations with us and don’t forget to tag @embodyhealthlondon_ so we can see!