Vanilla Almond Cookies
Gooey, chewy, melt-in-your-mouth delicious almond cookies coming your way!
These are one of my go-to’s on a Saturday morning when I get some alone time in the kitchen whilst I sip on a hot cuppa. Not because I can only have them on Saturdays (no pseudo food rules here!) but because they are always a huge hit when friends and family visit (socially distancing of course).
Bonus! They also create a gorgeous vanilla aroma to fill the home. All the yum.
Always remembering that health is not merely physical rather we must also consider mental health. This means having SATISFYING meals is equally important to having your greens.
Our TOP TIP: Instead of labelling food as ‘good’ or ‘bad’ just call it for what it is – a cookie. Your body already knows what it wants more or less of. You can begin to tap into it’s inner wisdom by checking in with how you physically feel after eating certain foods. Let THAT be your guide. Not external factors such as influencers or your next door neighbour who calls herself a nutrition guru…
Back to the recipe – literally as easy as 1,2,3… a,b,c…
Here is how you make them:
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
Serves: 10-12 cookies
- 1 1/4 cup almond meal or almond flour
- 3 tablespoons honey, maple syrup or sugar
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 egg
- 1 (heaping) teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/3 cup dark chocolate of your choice, shredded/chips (optional… but I mean is it really?)
*Note: the picture was taken when I ran out of chocolate chips… (oops! I am human). They were still so tasty but not quite the same! The dark chocolate makes for the perfect juxtaposition of the sweet almond flavour.
- Preheat oven to 190 C
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine all ingredients together
- Roll the dough in 2 inch balls and pop onto a tray bake and bake
- Flatten with a fork and bake for 10 minutes until golden!
- Patiently transfer them to a cooling rack to allow them to cook for 10-20 minutes.
CAUTION: risk of burning your mouth because you’ll want to eat them soon after they come out of the oven! Ha.
Let us know what you think!
Share your wonderful creations with us on IG and tag us @embodyhealthlondon_
We cannot wait to see you ace them.